Friday, April 15, 2011

"It's people!"

Where does our food come from? How safe is it really? 


Most people never asks themselves questions like these. Years ago, after watching the film Soylent Green, was the first time I asked myself these questions. In the film Soylent Green, the government rations food upon a poverty stricken world. We find out at the ending this rationed food is actually people. 


This inspired me to do my own research on where exactly our food comes from and what it goes through to get here. There are many dangers and much controversy associated with mass food production. It is a scary thing to learn about the uncleanliness, disease, and animal abuse that runs rampant in the majority of factory farms. It is not just the meat we have to worry about, in fact, there is a rapidly growing concern of genetically modified produce that has been hybrid to withstand our strongest insecticides. 


I believe it would be beneficial to us all to have these answers at the convenience of our fingertips. I have decided to create this blog over mass food production. I am looking forward to learning more with you about the truth of the food we eat, where it comes from, and how "safe" it really is!

No comments:

Post a Comment